Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Final Countdown

So in about 58 hours or so I will board my plane in Richmond to begin my 22 hour journey to South Korea. Finally.

I was supposed to leave in June. And then July. And then August. Who knew background checks and visas were SO complicated?! Nevertheless, I am equipped with a visa, a plane ticket, and (hopefully) an apartment to stay in and am ready (as I'll ever be) to head off. It's actually been quite nice to have been able to enjoy this summer. I got to spend time with my amazing friends and family and have proper goodbyes. I also feel more prepared for the role I am about to take on.

For those who don't know, I am headed to Gunpo, South Korea (a suburb of Seoul) to serve as the Education Manger for Romp n' Roll Korea for the next 2 years or so. Romp n' Roll is a Richmond based education enrichment facility providing gym, art, and music classes for kids between 3 months and 6 years. I began working at Romp n' Roll in high school and have loved the past five years full of summer camps, birthday parties, and classes. Romp n' Roll focuses on play based education, so everyday work feels more like playtime. The company expanded into China a few years ago where it has been hugely successful and now we are venturing into South Korea!

I wavered on the idea of keeping a blog during my time in Korea. I've never been very good at keeping a diary (although my 9th grader journal did last an impressive 27 days), but perhaps knowing someone out there in the vast Internet universe is reading this will make me slightly more dedicated. I'm hoping this will serve as a way to keep people up to date on what I'm doing, from travels to misadventures and more.

Anywho, I should probably get back to packing as I have already filled one suitcase and still have about 8 million things to somehow stuff into the other. I keep adding things to my "DO NOT FORGET TO PACK" list which currently contains 63 items, including my beloved Cookie Monster, who I could not possibly make this journey without.

xo Julie

1 comment:

  1. I hope travelling went well. I'm looking forward to hearing all about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete