Monday, April 15, 2013

Amurica

I realize my absence from blogging has coincided with Kim Jong Un's latest tantrum, so let me reassure you that I'm doing fine over here. Its really easy to forget what is going on up in North Korea because most South Koreans barely seem to acknowledge its existence. Then I read the US news where most events are completely over-sensationalized. The truth is somewhere in between. Most foreigners are slightly more concerned then South Koreans, but we realize that if something were to happen, it would be a small border skirmish like we've seen in the past. I, like other expats, have registered with the embassy and they are great about keeping you updated on any cause for concern. If you're interested, Eat Your Kimchi did a great job explaining the situation in their TL:DR video. 

As my boss says: "Don't worry. America will defend us."

I've been lucky enough to have some beautiful weekends the past few weeks, and have attempted to spend as much time outside as possible. I went back to Busan for a friend's birthday a few weeks ago and had another amazing trip. Beautiful weather, a Motown dance party, and good friends made for an excellent weekend!

I had a few America-filled days this past weekend. Friday I went to fundraiser for a friend's soccer team, which was a flip-pong tournament. The rules were crazy complicated but it was lots of American-college-fun. On Saturday I finally got over to Costco and signed up for a membership! I had been once before with one of my kiddo's Mom, but now I can go on my own. Its great for finding decently priced Western goods, but I struggle with the idea of buying in bulk! I cannot fathom going through two 32 ounce peanut butter jars within 6 months.

Work has been going really well lately. I have been spending a lot more time in the upstairs office proofing and writing English and Math curriculum. I work well under pressure, so its nice to be busy!

This was a math flash-card I was proofing. Needless to say we had them change the girls to trees to avoid any future eating disorders/body dysmorphia.

The cherry blossoms started blooming in my neighborhood! It starting to finally feel like spring with sunshine, flowers, and (slightly) warmer weather!

Flower lined sidewalk on a beautiful Spring day!

T-minus 25 days until family fun times in Hawaii!!

xo Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment